All original work published on GP-Net Media (giantpygmy.net) and GP-Net Services (gp-hq.net) is the copyright of those respective entities and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Feel free to use it for any non-commercial purpose, but please follow the attribution request below. For permissions falling outside this note please contact us.
Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License Summary
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
This is just a summary of the license conditions, the full license is available at Creative Commons.
If you link to or republish any of the original artwork on GP-Net Media (giantpygmy.net), please do so with an attribution that includes:
- Type of work, e.g.: Image, Text, Article, Music, Audio (with a link to the location of the original)
- from GP-Net Media (with a link to giantpygmy.net)
- licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 (with a link to the license).
Here's a code example for an Image (just substitute the type of work for words and music), everything else remains the same:
<a href="http://www.giantpygmy.net/gptxt/?post=sampler-gallery">Image</a> from <a href="http://www.giantpygmy.net/">GP-Net Media </a> licensed under <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/"> CC BY-NC-SA 4.0</a>
<a href="http://www.giantpygmy.net/gptxt/?post=sampler-gallery">Image</a> - <a href="http://www.giantpygmy.net/">GP-Net Media</a> / <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/"> CC</a>
How it looks:
Fair Use / Fair Dealing Statement
GP-Net Media (and associated sub-sites) may contain copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, scientific, health and other issues that we believe constitute a "fair use" / "fair dealing" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 30 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
In accordance with Section 30 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended by the Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 2003 and the Copyright and Rights in Performances (Quotation and Parody) Regulations 2014, the material on these sites is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Further it falls under the following types of fair dealing:
- for the purpose of reporting current events;
- for the purpose of criticism or review;
- the use of a quotation from a copyright work;
- for the purposes of caricature, parody or pastiche (as set out in Section 30A)
If you wish to use copyrighted material (that is not the copyright of GP-Net (gp-hq.net) or GP-Net Media (giantpygmy.net) from the aforementioned sites for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use" / "fair dealing", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner (i.e. not us).